Key Word Sign WA organises Basic Key Word Sign Workshops on a regular basis.
You will learn:
- how KWS can improve interactions with children and adults who have difficulties understanding and using speech to express themselves
- approximately 60-80 signs
- how to incorporate KWS at home, and in educational and care settings
Workshops are organised by the state committee across the year. These training opportunities are scheduled and links for available workshops offered in WA are updated regularly on our Facebook events page.
You can also request a workshop for your family, workplace, or for the team of people who support the person using KWS. This is a great way to get everyone trained together, and to personalise the training for the particular individual.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
If you have completed a Basic Workshop, you can come along to a session to support you to keep practising. For more information, contact email@example.com, or check out our Facebook page
Key Word Sign may support NDIS participants to reach your communication and participation goals. Key Word Sign training and workshops can be funded in an NDIS plan under the following line items:
- Capacity Building Supports
- Improved Daily Living Skills