Key Word Sign South Australia has a volunteer state group which plans and coordinates an annual programme of virtual (online) and face to face Key Word Sign workshops. The group also responds to requests for private workshops. We provide a community of practice for our South Australian Key Word Sign presenters and support and promote understanding and use of Key Word Sign in South Australia.
SA State Committee members:
Cathy Olsson – Co-ordinator and State Representative
Karen Sowton – Finances
Cherie Nattrass – Secretary
Esther Telfer – Social Media
Amanda Best – Website
Karin Humphrey – Administration – firstname.lastname@example.org – for all enquiries re registration for workshops and requests for private workshops
Follow us on Facebook for more information about what’s happening in South Australia.
Key Word Sign SA organises Basic Key Word Sign Workshops on a regular basis.
You will learn:
- how KWS can improve interactions with children and adults who have difficulties understanding and using speech to express themselves
- approximately 60-80 signs
- how to incorporate KWS at home, and in educational and care settings
Workshops are organised by the state committee across the year and are open to anyone interested in learning more about Key Word Sign.
Cost: $350 per person
Virtual (online) and face-to-face options are available.
- Access to a computer laptop or table with microphone and camera to support video conferencing via Zoom for virtual (online) workshops
- Workshop materials (for virtual/online workshops) will be posted to participants in advance. Please email your postal address to email@example.com.
You can also request a workshop for your family, workplace, or for the team of people who support the person using KWS. This is a great way to get everyone trained together, and to personalise the training for the particular individual. This is a cost effective way of learning Key Word Sign and everyone in your community learns together.
See http://www.kwssa.com.au/local-workshops for more information.
Please contact us for all enquiries about registration or requests for workshops for workshops.
Key Word Sign may support NDIS participants to reach your communication and participation goals. Key Word Sign training and workshops can be funded in an NDIS plan under the following line items:
- Capacity Building Supports
- Improved Daily Living Skills